Michael K. (Mike) Bloom
President and COO,
In January 2015 Bloom was named president and chief operating officer of Fred's, a general merchandise retailer. Bloom formerly served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Family Dollar Stores Inc., a role he held from September 2011 until the end of 2013. Bloom, a seasoned retail executive with more than 30 years of retail expe (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Bloom resides in Sharon, Massachusetts, with his wife, Lori, and their two grown children.
- He is interested in fishing, cycling, outdoor sports, exercising and any water sport. (there's more...)
- Labor management plan: In March 2016 Bloom told analysts, "Our labor management plan is on track to deliver a 10% reduction in cost-to-fill for the year, with additional upside when our new pharmacy enterprise syst (there's more...)
- Data breach: In August 2015 Fred's said it found malware that collected payment card details on two of its servers, but it doesn't appear the data was removed from its systems, reported CIO.com. The malware was designed (there's more...)
- Bloom in 1981 joined the Florida division of Shoppers Drug Mart, a chain based in Toronto, and held various positions of increasing responsibility.
- He subsequently worked as a Manager and Executive with Peoples Drug Stores of V (there's more...)