Michael K. (Mike) Bloom
Bloom is Chief Executive Officer of Fred’s, Inc., a regional chain of discount retail stores, operating in the southeastern United States, since August 2016. Most recently he served as President and Chief Operating Officer of the company. Prior to Fred’s he served as President and Chie (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Bloom resides in Sharon, Massachusetts, with his wife, Lori, and their two grown children.
- He is interested in fishing, cycling, outdoor sports, exercising and any water sport. (there's more...)
- Mantra: Bloom told analysts in August 2016, "Our go-forward mantra is to optimize, focus and grow with discipline."
- Top dog: WSJ reported in August 2016 that Fr (there's more...)
- Under pressure: CFO Rick Hans told analysts in August 2016, "On the retail side of the business, pharmacy sales and margin have been impacted by a reimbursement pressure, especially in Medicaid and Medicare Part D, (there's more...)
- Bloom in 1981 joined the Florida division of Shoppers Drug Mart, a chain based in Toronto, and held various positions of increasing responsibility.
- H (there's more...)