O'Connor has been Apple's Chief Information Officer since 1997. Under his leadership, Apple says, its worldwide IT organization has undergone a major transformation highlighted by a streamlined, simplified systems environment; integration of Apple's state-of-the-art enterprise products; and a fine-tuned cost model that allo (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- In April 2011 O'Connor was honored by The Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG) as one of the top 50 Irish American technology executives.
- Technology development centre in India: Apple will build its first technology development centre outside the US in Hyderabad, India with an investment of $25 million, likely employing about 4,500 people, reported Apple (there's more...)
- O'Connor was born and raised in Ireland.
- He earned his undergraduate degree in Computer Science from the National Institute for Higher Education (now University of Limerick) in Limerick, Ireland. (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Member, Advisory Board, Irish Technology Leadership Group