O'Connor has been Apple's Chief Information Officer since 1997. Under his leadership, Apple says, its worldwide IT organization has undergone a major transformation highlighted by a streamlined, simplified systems environment; integration of Apple's state-of-the-art enterprise products; and a fine-tuned cost model that allo (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- In April 2011 O'Connor was honored by The Irish Technology Leadership Group (ITLG) as one of the top 50 Irish American technology executives.
- Develop new wireless charging technology: Apple is working with partners in the U.S. and Asia to develop new wireless charging technology that could be deployed on its mobile devices as soon as 2017, reported Bloomberg (there's more...)
- O'Connor was born and raised in Ireland.
- He earned his undergraduate degree in Computer Science from the National Institute for Higher Education (now University of Limerick) in Limerick, Ireland. (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Member, Advisory Board, Irish Technology Leadership Group