Michael (Mike) Saxton
SVP and Chief Learning Officer,
American Academy of Physician Assistants
As Chief Learning Officer for the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) since March 2011, Saxton is charged with overseeing all training and educational programs at the nation's largest organization of physician assistants, with nearly 40,000 members in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and several U.S. territories. Sax (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Saxton is married with four children and lives with his family in New Jersey.
- When not spending time with his family, he is an avid Appalachian Trail backpacker, and also enjoys kayaking and genealogy. (there's more...)
- Association Snapshot: The American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) is the national professional society for physician assistants in the United States. It represents more than 95,000 certified PAs across all medica (there's more...)
- Professional Challenges: At roundtable of professional societies convened by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, Saxton was invited to provide initial reflection in order to stimulate the conversation around th (there's more...)
- Born circa 1958.
- Saxton attended Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) from 1976 to 1980 and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology. (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Former Member, Virginia Tech Alumni Group
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Alliance for Continuing Medical Education (ACME) (there's more...)