Ted Ward joined Geico's advertising group in 1984 and has been with the Company ever since. Over the past ten years he has created what the press calls "a stable of iconic pitchmen," including the Geico gecko and the loveable cavemen, shattering the notion that selling insurance is boring. Ward gives a lot of the credit f (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- He has been married for more than 20 years and has two teenaged children.
- Ward says he enjoys reading murder mysteries and traveling with his family. They have traveled through Portugal and have gone on safari in Tanzania. He s (there's more...)
- Agency Relationships: Geico has worked with independent media shop Horizon for nearly two decades; database management firm Merkle for one decade and Interpublic’s Martin Agency, its creative agency of record, for (there's more...)
- Dumping the Voice of the Gecko: Jake Wood has been dropped from The Geico Gecko advertisements after 10 years, OK! reported in November 2015. The Max Branning actor, who voiced the character in Geico commercials for a d (there's more...)
- He is a graduate of the University of Virginia and earned his MBA in marketing at the College of William and Mary.
- GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Co)
- Director, Media Advertising (1984-1989)
- Assistant VP ( (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Member, Direct Marketing Association
- Member, Advertising Club of Washington, D.C. (there's more...)