Ward joined Geico's advertising group in 1984 and has been with the company ever since. Over the past ten years he has created what the press calls "a stable of iconic pitchmen," including the Geico gecko and the loveable cavemen, shattering the notion that selling insurance is boring. Ward gives a lot of the credit for his success to (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- He has been married for more than 20 years and has two teenaged children.
- Ward says he enjoys reading murder mysteries and traveling with his family. They have traveled through Portugal and have gone on safari in Tanzania. He s (there's more...)
- Emphasizing Technology: AdAge reported that cost efficiency helps Geico to keep prices down and its smart use of consumer data is as important to the Company’s growth as its massive ad budget. "We are a no-frills o (there's more...)
- He is a graduate of the University of Virginia and earned his MBA in marketing at the College of William and Mary.
- GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Co)
- Director, Media Advertising (1984-1989)
- Assistant VP ( (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Member, Direct Marketing Association
- Member, Advertising Club of Washington, D.C. (there's more...)