John D. Hayes
Former EVP, CMO and Head, Global Advertising and Brand Management,
American Express Company
Hayes served as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer at American Express, from 2003 to 2016. He joined the company in 1995 and has overseen American Express’s marketing efforts worldwide, shaping both the company and its brand. In addition to overseeing marketing strategies a (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- He is married to Kathy and is the proud father of three sons (his greatest achievements, he said). They live in Allendale, New Jersey.
- He describes himself as optimistic, energetic and a malcontent and says one of the biggest l (there's more...)
- Born August 6, 1954.
- Received a BA in marketing and communications from Seton Hall University (1972-1976) (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Association of National Advertisers Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. (also known as Fairfield Communities Inc) (there's more...)