John D. Hayes
EVP, CMO and Head, Global Advertising and Brand Management,
American Express Company
Hayes spent much of his career on the agency side, working for such venerable and global shops as Saatchi & Saatchi, Ammirati & Puris and Lowe & Partners. Hayes currently serves as CMO and EVP responsible for brand marketing for American Express worldwide. He joined the company in 1995, and has been the force behind iconic (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- He is married to Kathy and is the proud father of three sons (his greatest achievements, he said). They live in Allendale, New Jersey.
- He describes himself as optimistic, energetic and a malcontent and says one of the biggest l (there's more...)
- Step down: As part of a major management overhaul in February 2016, American Express said Hayes will leave the company.
- Partner with Airbnb:(there's more...)
- Big challenges in 2016: In January 2016 Motley Fool reported America Express is "losing its deals with Costco and JetBlue this year. Costco alone makes up roughly 20% of its loan book. The rising U (there's more...)
- Born August 6, 1954.
- Received a BA in marketing and communications from Seton Hall University (1972-1976) (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Association of National Advertisers Inc.
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc. (also known as Fairfield Communities Inc) (there's more...)