Ronald (Ron) Marshall
Apollo Global Management, LLC
Marshall is Chief Executive Officer of Claire's Stores, one of the world’s leading specialty retailers of fashionable jewelry and accessories for young women, teens, tweens and kids. Prior to coming to Claire's, Marshall, a veteran retail executive, founded his own company, Wildridge Capital, serving as its Chief Executiv (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Marshall graduated from Wilbur Wright High School in Dayton, Ohio.
- He enjoys skiing, flying (multi-engine, seaplane, and instrument ratings) and reading non-fiction. (there's more...)
- Overview: Hoffman Estates-based Claire’s Stores is the parent of Claire’s and Icing, fashion and accessories retailers aimed at young women and teens.
- Background:(there's more...)
- Myriad challenges: Bloomberg reported in December 2015, "The company’s revival is threatened by a variety of obstacles: decreasing mall traffic, a strong dollar, the fickle tastes of its under-13 clientele an (there's more...)
- Marshall was born on March 17, 1954.
- He holds a BS in Accountancy from Wright State University (1972-1976). He is a Certified Public Accountant (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Former Director, Food Marketing Institute
- Former Director, Wright State University Foundation (there's more...)