Gary B. Halverson
Former President and CEO,
Cliffs Natural Resources Inc.
Halverson was hired as President and Chief Operating Officer of Cliffs Natural Resources, the biggest U.S. iron-ore producer, in November 2013. In January 2014 he moved up to Chief Executive Officer of the Cleveland, Ohio-based company, but was ousted later the same year. Halverson previously served as Interim COO at Barrick Gold Corpo (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Halverson is married. He and his wife, Fran, have been married for more than 30 years as of 2013. They have two adult children, Michael and Ashley.
- Halverson's experience spans across the gold, copper, and nickel mining industr (there's more...)
- Born circa 1958 in Sudbury.
- Halverson earned a Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical Engineering from Michigan Technological University in 1981. (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Member, Association of Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Institute of Mining/Metallurgy (CIM) (there's more...)