Gilbert Lee (Gil) Hoffman
VP and CIO,
Hoffman is Chief Information Officer of Mercy, the seventh-largest Catholic health care system in the United States. He assumed the position with the Chesterfield, Missouri-based health care system in November 2012 after nearly 40 years at Fenton, Missouri-based Maritz LLC, a sales and marketing services company that designs and o (there's more...)
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Hoffman is married, to Nancy, and has three children.
- In 2007, Hoffman was named one of the top 100 CIOs in the United States by ComputerWorld magazine. (there's more...)
- Health System Snapshot: Mercy is the seventh-largest Catholic health care system in the United States and serves millions annually. Based in Chesterfield, Missouri, Mercy includes 46 acute care and specialty (heart, chi (there's more...)
- Prioritizing Initiatives: Hoffman has said that it can be a challenge to prioritize major IT projects along with daily IT support and maintenance. “It's a good challenge because there' (there's more...)
- Hoffman earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management from Maryville University of Saint Louis in 1990.
- He went on to earn a Master's degree in Computer Resource and Information Management from Webster Unive (there's more...)
Other Boards and Organizations
- Former Member, St. Louis Advisory Board, Novo Group
- Founding Member, St. Louis CIO Board (there's more...)